Friday, March 22, 2013

Personal Development? Where do I start?!

I know that question very well. A LOT of people want to make a change and they really don't know where to start. If you google that question you will be bombarded by so many different options. Something that I want to make clear, is that many people stick to one specific form of learning or teachers. However I have been able to gain a plethora of knowledge by making sure that I dont count anything out. I research and read as much as my brain can handle and I judge by my gut whether it is truth for me. Dont get discouraged if you feel like you cant find something that speaks to your soul. If you put out your intention it will be met with the option that is perfect for you! So don't give up. My experience has shown that once I desire something, weird things start to show up. I hear about a specific book 3 times in 2 days. Or some teacher that someone told me about last week shows up on a random PBS show when I happen to be flipping channels on the TV. It is a very common occurrence  for me to read something and think "Oh my gosh that was SO PERFECT AND TIMELY FOR ME!"

But you need MAP- Massive Action Plan. Something you can put into action immediately. As Tony Robbins says "never leave the site of setting a goal without first taking immediate action to it's attainment!" So my advice to you is START ANYWHERE! What is a subject/section of your life can you take an immediate action for change TODAY! What is one action you could take today that would get you closer to your goal? Maybe you could go shopping for some healthy food, or maybe you could call your significant other and say "I love you."Point is, make a decision!

Answer me this question: What do you want in your life?!?! Listen, I know it sounds cliché but you need to decide what you want. Any teacher will tell you that. I heard it over and over and never listened. I thought I had a pretty good idea in my head. Guess what? I didn't have the first clue of what I wanted. I would always respond by saying "I just want to be happy." Well thats all fine and dandy but I didn't know what that "happiness" even looked like for me. It was only once I took an inventory of my life and got SUPER clear on what my perfect life would look like, did anything start shifting for me.  I was suddenly able to see a game-plan for the first time in my life and begin designing what I wanted rather then living in constant reaction to my external circumstances.

If you want to keep walking around aimlessly, then you are going to get aimless, random, results. What relationship could you strengthen? What health goals could you make? How would a change in financial success affect your anxiety?? Think about these things and don't be afraid to face them head on. When you avoid a certain area of your life, chances are it needs help, and that it should require most of your attention. But believe me, change is fun!!! But do what I did and break things into smaller pieces. If you take on too much at once then you are asking for an overload breakdown. Depending how old you are, you probably have a hefty amount of de-programming to do ... or maybe thats just me :) Either way DO SOMETHING! Every time I sit down at the computer, I am doing something! I am sharing things that juice me. And since I faced my fear of what other people might think of me (and stopped caring to be honest) I was able to finally start doing what I LOVED to do which is focusing on loving other people and trying to make an impact in their life.

 I am working on so many area's of my life, including my health and fitness. (Much more to come on that hopefully very soon!) But I'm sure you know that I'm not going to leave you empty handed. I want you to watch this video that nearly brings me to tears and goosebumps over my whole body. I am discovering my passions. And taking my PASSION PILL DAILY! Anything to ramp that up is welcome in my life. Listen closely and enjoy :)


Do you like what you see? Do you want updates? Then please Like and Share Passion Pill Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. I predict that you will save many lives. Love you. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. <33333
    Goodness come see me ASAP and get this energy and let's change the world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete